(Today is my 18th birthday and I think it’s the best day to share this with you. I’ll also take this opportunity to thank every single one of you for your support. Almost 600 followers!! Unbelievable.)
1. You have to see the world with both eyes (if you only see it with one eye you’ll only see one part of a person)
2. People will use you. Sometimes they will treat you like crap and then come back running when they need something from you. It is not okay. But you will learn to differentiate them from actually good people.
3. Not everyone is your friend. Goes with the point above. The majority of them have that convenient instinct, they will just be there. They will help you though, you will notice more clearly who really is standing beside you no matter what and actually cares.
4. Social media will consume you – don’t let it. You will want to document your life in posts or pictures every chance you get and it’s okay, for the memories. Make sure that you make memories for your own heart too.
5. You learn to ignore people. Especially the ones who ignore you too. It will cost you a lot of effort because you really want them to notice you. But hey, they are the ones who are missing out.
6. Stop caring about people who don’t really care about you. This one is so important. Being a lover, a friend or a sibling. They don’t deserve you if they don’t appreciate you.
7. No means no. If your boyfriend, friend, hot person you just met, insists and tries to convince you, dont say yes to impress them. Is okay to say no if you’re not in the mood that moment or you simply don’t want to.
8. There is never a limit to say i love you to your love ones. Okay maybe dont say it every day to your crush, but say it every single hour if you can to your parents, grandparents, brothers,sisters,friends, etc. Assure them every day how much love you really have for every single one of them.
9. Never agree with someone who tells you that you are not good enough. No matter if its about a job or a lover, don’t listen. They are just jealous and envious that you are too much for them.
10. Ignore the feeling of shame you feel for wearing that comfy top that makes you show that belly, for not returning a phone call to someone who constantly ignores you, for not doing something you are good at but you don’t love. Accept yourself, feel shame-less.
11. For once and for all, learn to apoligize. Say sorry when you know you’re wrong, ignore that pride inside you and let yourself be free of regrets.
12. Listen to your friends. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong. But they are your friends for a reason, they are there to support you, don’t blind yourself from that kind of love that is given to you by special people.
13. Note to self every single day: you are worth it. Worth of appreciation, love, kindness and respect. You are worth it.
14. Read more. Even if you are the laziest person in the world or the most occupied and stressed human being. There is always time to read at least one page of that amazing book that will teach you a lesson for life and that will help create your future self.
15. Don’t ever underestimate the power of actually having a face to face conversation. Stop trying to hide your nerves or shyness behind a screen. Go talk and feel and see emotion in real life. Live.
16. Sometimes all you need is to go for a walk and breathe. Like actually breathe. Let your nostrils feel the cold & warm air going in and out of your body. Breathe.
17. Let yourself grow up but never prevent yourself from still being a child. Take care of responsibilities but also have fun. Don’t let that child joy disappear from your soul.